The post Restore Vaginal pH Balance Naturally appeared first on Velobiotics - Nourish Your 2nd Brain and later Dr. Chomba and lastly Velobiotics - Nourish Your 2nd Brain - Nourish your 2nd brain!.
When your vaginal pH balance is disturbed you may experience such maladies as vaginal infections, cramping during menstrual cycles, viral illnesses, abnormal sensitivity, inflammation and acne.
Different parts of the body have different pH ‘normal’ ranges. When the pH level moves beyond this, either becoming too alkaline or too acidic, ill-health results. This is often because the imbalance creates an environment where beneficial organisms are inhibited, and dangerous ones thrive.
pH Imbalance Usually System-wide
When this occurs, disease follows. This is not limited to only vaginal health. Unbalanced pH has been implicated in severe conditions such as osteoporosis, Alzheimer’s disease and even strokes.
Before pH imbalance causes problems for you, adjust your lifestyle to incorporate a healthy diet and exercise routine. Just a few changes can make a difference in achieving optimal health of your body – including your vagina.
If one part of your body has a pH imbalance, it is almost certain that the rest of the body will be imbalanced also. If you are suffering through symptoms that indicate that your vaginal pH is not as it should be, this is a strong indication that you should make system-wide changes.
If you only focus on clearing up the specific condition, without addressing the underlying cause (in this case imbalanced pH levels), you will:
- Have to employ stronger and less natural remedies, often with unwanted side effects.
- Find the condition recurring, sometimes quickly when the medication is ceased.
- Have other health conditions, now or later as a result of the imbalance.
Restoring Correct pH Balance
An imbalanced pH in often the result of imbalanced inputs. An excess of any one type of food that results in a lack or suppression of any needed nutrient can cause this. Of course if the excess is of something that is not beneficial to health the effects will be multiplied.
Some changes you can make to help restore your body’s, and therefore your vagina’s pH balance are:
- Fruits and Vegetables – Adding a variety of fruits and vegetables to your diet can promote health bacteria and that can help to control pH levels. Kale and spinach and all dark, green leafy vegetables, sweet potatoes, beets and raspberries help balance pH levels.
- Take a Multivitamin – Vitamins and minerals from food is the ideal, but the reality is most of us don’t get enough nutrition in our daily diet plans. Taking a multivitamin with essential vitamins and minerals can boost healthy bacteria and restore the pH balance.
- Take a Daily Oral Probiotic Lactobacillus – Pro-B and other natural probiotic products have been proven to help maintain a normal amount of lactobacilli in the vagina.
- Coconut and Tea Tree Oil – You can use natural coconut oil by soaking a non-applicator tampon and inserting it in your vagina at night. Tea Tree essential is used to treat yeast infections, and can also keep your vagina’s pH balance in check. Soak in a sitz bath to which about 10 drops of tea tree oil has been added.
- Distilled Vinegar Solution – Wash your vagina with a solution of one tablespoon vinegar added to a quart of water. Use a squirt bottle to apply the solution to the area around the vagina.
- Wear Comfortable Clothing – The vagina’s pH balance can be affected if you wear synthetic and/or tight clothing. Cotton is best for undergarments and wear loose-fitting clothes.
There are other causes for the vagina’s pH balance to be off-kilter, including hormone imbalance and irritating soaps and other products used around the vagina.
If you begin to notice abnormal discharges or a foul odor from the vagina, it may be that your pH balance needs to be restored. Address the situation immediately to avoid other complications.