Top 7 Foods to Improve Vaginal Health
by Dr. Chomba on Sep 19, 2016
The post Top 7 Foods to Improve Vaginal Health appeared first on Velobiotics - Nourish Your 2nd Brain and later Dr. Chomba and lastly Velobiotics - Nourish Your 2nd Brain - Nourish your 2nd brain!.
Your diet affects every organ in your body – including the vagina. If your diet isn’t balanced, the body will respond with illnesses and other unwanted reactions. In the vagina, this may present as a yeast infection.
There are a few foods that can help to keep the pH in your vagina balanced and keep your vagina healthy. These don’t simply target vaginal health, they help the whole body. But if you are exhibiting signs of vaginal problems, this is an indication that action needs to be taken.
The top foods are those that contain probiotics – or good bacteria. The good bacteria are what keep your vagina from developing multiple infections. Here are seven of the power foods you should consume for a healthy vagina:
- Greek Yogurt – Plain, Greek yogurt contains the good bacteria that your vagina needs to stay healthy. These bacteria (probiotics) play a large part of regulating moods, keeping your weight at a healthy point and keeping the pH level in the vagina balanced.
- Fish – Fish such as salmon contain omega-3 fatty acids which promote good circulation in the body. A healthy blood flow also helps your sex drive. Recent research also indicates that women who have a diet rich in omega-3s were much less likely to suffer from endometriosis than those who did not.
- Cranberries – Are renowned for their gynecological health benefits, due to their A-type proanthocyanidins content – or PAC. Since cranberry juice is high in sugar, many women opt to take cranberry juice pills. One pill equals two 8-ounce servings of cranberry juice. Cranberry juice helps the vagina by balancing the pH levels.
- Flax Seeds – This natural source of phytoestrogens can help promote lubrication of the vagina and keep it healthy. The phytoestrogens also increase estrogen levels, important to maintaining a healthy vagina.
- Sweet Potatoes – This is one ‘sweet’ that you can gain nutrition from. They’re rich in vitamin-A which keeps the vagina healthy by strengthening the muscle tissues to develop strong vaginal walls.
- Spinach – Rich in magnesium, spinach helps to decrease inflammatory blood vessels and improves circulation. A healthy blood flow is good for the vagina and also for the sex drive.
- Broccoli – Studies recently found that this powerful vegetable can lower the risk of ovarian cancer by almost half – an amazing find. Broccoli (along with some other veggies) contains flavonoid kaempferol which is instrumental in fighting cancers.
A diet that’s balanced and rich with vitamins and minerals can make a huge difference to your overall health – including the vagina. And, don’t forget to drink plenty of water. Sufficient water intake is one of the best things you can do for your vagina.
When you drink enough water, you’ll help lubrication and help toxins be released in secretions. It also has a big impact on balancing pH levels in the vagina. Also, water means water – not soft drinks, milk drinks or coffee. Don’t include these when counting your water intake for the day.
The post Top 7 Foods to Improve Vaginal Health appeared first on Velobiotics - Nourish Your 2nd Brain.