Nutritional and Therapeutic benefits of using probiotics.
There is a wide range of both documented as well as perceived benefits of probiotics to the human body.
For purposes of keeping a clinical and factual approach, we have divided them into nutritional and therapeutic benefits.
Nutritional Benefits of Probiotics.
- Enhancing digestion, quantity and digestibility of certain nutrients. Probiotics have been shown to improve production of Vitamins e.g. Niacine, Thiamin, B6, B12 and folic acid.
- They have also been shown to improve the digestion of minerals e.g. calcium, iron, copper and other micronutrients.
Therapeutic Benefits of Probiotics
The main underlying factor that needs to be considered when looking at therapeutic benefits is the fact that 80% of our entire immune system is located in our digestive tract! Our digestive system also influences the nervous system markedly.
- Probiotics provide an alternative treatment option with little or no side effects. Being living organisms that are not harmful to the body, they are extremely safe. There is a wide range of conditions that probiotics are claimed to alleviate including:
- Lactose intolerance
- Diarrheal diseases
- Lowering of cholesterol
- Inhibition of bad bacteria
- Stimulation of the immune system – Immune system boosting has been well documented in a wide range of studies.
- Positive effects of probiotics are not confined to the gastro intestinal system only, but have been shown to extend to other benefits e.g. Anti-inflammatory benefits
- Constipation relief – Constipation is one of the most common complaints in outpatient care. Probiotics have been shown to relief constipation and improve the symptoms.
- Antibiotic-induced Diarrhea – incidence of diarrhea – caused by general antibiotics – has been shown to be reduced by use of various probiotics.
- Reduced Overuse of Antibiotics
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) u0026amp; Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) – are two intestinal disorders that can be treated with varying degrees of success using probiotics.
What is the origin of the name?
Velobiotics™ is a novel and globally-patented technology that helps protect probiotics ‘ good bacteria’ from both storage viability (shelf-life) and protection when passing through the stomach acid – delivering over 1000x More Probiotics to Your Gut! than non-encapsulated probiotics.
VELO is derived from a Latin word that in English, translates to “ veil, cover, cover up; enfold, wrap, envelop; hide, conceal; clothe in”.
Velobiotics™ technology enfolds, envelops or wraps the probiotics in a compound consisting of repeated structural units (polymer) that protects it from degradation and transit or passage through the upper gastro intestinal tract.
Most probiotics entering the harsh, highly acidic stomach environment never get to reach the optimal sites where probiotics are required for gut health i.e. mainly the ileum (final section of small intestine) and the colon (large intestine) where they are required most. Studies have demonstrated that less than 5% of probiotics taken orally get to reach the colon!
The technology utilizes Supercritical Carbon Dioxide ( scCO 2 ) in which two water soluble ( hydrophilic) polymers interact to form an interpolymer complex.
Through research carried out on various probiotics, the scCO 2 technology was shown to markedly improve and provide unparalleled solution to the two main challenges facing the probiotics market – Shelf-life viability and tolerance to gastric acidity.
The result is the various probiotics formulations, collectively known as Velobiotics™.
Our microencapsulation technology is based on Supercritical Carbon Dioxide (scCO2), in which two water soluble (hydrophilic) polymers interact to form an inter-polymer complex, thus protecting viable active ingredient – probiotics.
The patent is held in all major markets including United States, China, South Africa, Australia, Germany and European Union.
- US PATENT: US7641917B2
- SA PATENT: 200309983
- UK PATENT: GB2392619B
- JAPAN PATENT: JP4313196B2
- AUSTRALIA PATENT: 2002310567
I never received my order and customer service refuses to answer my inquiries!
I’m loving this product, I have been using it for a week and I’m happy with the results
Don't regret buying, best product ever for VB.
It’s been 3 days since I bought mine and I love it, I recommend it to my sister
I love this product without a doubt it has been helping me !! I looked for a good product for a while now and this particular one is giving me the results i need as long as you are consistent and drink water you will see a change in week one !!
Excellent visible results in hair and skin
Great product, best probiotic thus far. Scoops got bigger without any explanation?
My shopping experience was a breeze. I got daily updates on the progress of my delivery. Best product, best service. Thank you!
This product works like a bomb. My symptoms cleared on day one! I am amazed. My confidence is back!